Furniture Repair Technician
Furniture Repair Technician APPLY NOW
Who we are
At School Excess, we don't just refurbish school furniture; we're on a mission to create inspiring and sustainable environments for schools and businesses. With a deep commitment to quality craftsmanship and eco-friendly practices, we breathe new life into tired educational furniture. Our journey began with a vision to transform spaces by repurposing and revitalizing school furniture, and today, we lead the way in the refurbishing industry. What sets us apart is our unwavering commitment to excellence. Our team of skilled artisans and craftsmen are masters in their craft, meticulously restoring each piece to its former glory or giving it a modern twist. Whether it's cafeteria tables, desks, or chairs, we believe that every item has the potential for a second life.
Who we are looking for
Are you a hands-on individual with a passion for fixing and refurbishing items? Do you possess a creative touch and take pride in turning old furniture into like-new treasures? If you're skilled with both power and hand tools and have experience in restoring and repairing furniture, we invite you to join School Excess as a Furniture Repair Technician. Your work will play a vital role in our mission to breathe new life into educational spaces.
What you will be doing
- Repair and refurbish a diverse range of school furniture, including desks, chairs, and cafeteria tables.
- Apply creative solutions to restore furniture to like-new condition, showcasing your craftsmanship.
- Utilize both power and hand tools and equipment used in furniture refurbishing.
- Weld and repair furniture parts as needed, ensuring durability and functionality.
- Work meticulously with precision and a keen eye for detail in every refurbishment project.
- Interpret measurements and dimensions accurately to meet project specifications.
- Safely operate within a warehouse environment, lifting items weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Uphold a commitment to high-quality craftsmanship and excellence in every project.
- Work independently with minimal guidance, taking ownership of your work.
- Collaborate effectively with team members to achieve project goals.
What you will need to do it
- A High School Diploma/ GED required, Associate's Degree preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal direction to prioritize and execute tasks.
- Must be able to work within a warehouse environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, e-mail and meeting management software.
- Ability to use internet and web-based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Limited travel may be required as needed.
- Previous experience in furniture repair or any refurbishment industry is an advantage.
- Proficiency in working with both hand and power tools used in furniture refurbishing.
- Background in welding and the ability to repair furniture parts is highly desirable.
- Comfortable working in a warehouse setting.
- Strong attention to detail and a dedication to delivering top-notch results.
- Prior experience working with furniture or school equipment is a definite advantage.
- Creative problem-solving skills for innovative refurbishment solutions.
- Strong work ethic, ability to meet project deadlines, and work independently.
- Passion for sustainability and a commitment to eco-friendly practices.
What skills set you apart
- Ability to provide insights for strategic decision-making.
- Ability to translate feedback into actionable insights for continuous improvement.
- Ability to adapt to changes in customer demands, industry trends, and company policies.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and tasks, demonstrating flexibility in a dynamic work environment.
Why you’ll be doing it
- Competitive compensation, health/vision/dental benefits, 401(k)
- Up to two weeks of paid time off (and yes we expect you to take it)
- A casual yet professional dress environment
- Be part of a fun and highly effective team
- The opportunity to help shape the company - we want your expertise
- A people first culture that fosters growth and pushes you to reach further personally and professionally
Join the School Excess family and be a part of a team that values creativity, innovation, and a commitment to making a positive impact. Together, let's redefine the way we think about school furniture and contribute to a greener, more sustainable future for education.
Discover the joy of transforming classrooms and shaping the future with School Excess – where every piece tells a story of renewal and reinvention.
At School Excess, we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply and join us in our mission to transform educational spaces through the refurbishment of furniture.